Tuesday, 18 October 2011

LO.2: Target Audience [Activity #7]

Commission

Activity 7

Target Audience

My Commission Unit Artefact is a 30 second long video advertisement intended for Television for Reading-based Jewellery Company Auriga. My intended audience is varied. Before the pre-production and looking into the brief, I was originally going to intend to create this advertisement with comedy themes. Being rather enthusiastic and exciting and having people laugh about a rather serious company, but I felt that wouldn’t go down well, so producing a more serious advertisement would make sense.
I decided to go for a calmer, more sensible approach as I feel that wraps around well with the company itself and its members as well as the people interested.


I was judging most my target audience based on my narration as narration can really set the tone and feel of a video as well create your audience. My audience is mostly aimed at older, more mature people with some towards younger people as jewellery is a topic that appeals to a lot of people. Some buy it for their loved ones, others just liking wearing it, so I feel my advert is pretty wide spread in terms of audience, just that I feel it’s more into suitable to have a calmer tone as it works well with these types of audiences, being that of young and old and people of maturity.

No comments:

Post a Comment