From watching this advert, I discovered a few ideas I would like to include into my television advertisement for Aurgia. First of all, this Christmas Television Advert for Ernest Jones Jewellery fits into the 30 second gap which is something I enjoyed from researching advertisement two and is something I want to definitely achieve with my advertisement.
Whilst it's a small touch, the way in which the special effect whit stream connect with the ring at 17 seconds into the advertisement is a similar effect I want to achieve with my advertisement only less flashy and with less special effects as I feel it takes away from the jewellery at a little and becomes more a advert you watch for the special effects more so than what they are advertising, in this case jewellery.
This connection with the special effect white stream and the ring is a transition I feel I can connect with the receipt narrative concept I discussed in analysis for advertisement number two. I don't want the narrative of my advert to flow so easily and seamlessly and I want people to wonder what that receipt was for or what it could have been for and that allows me to have a good opportunity to showcase the jewellery in an interesting way as well as draw in my audience. I discussed with researching advertisement number one that I would like the logo to appear at the beginning and appear with a solid background, with the colour white as I feel that words well the purity concept and with that in mind, I feel I can link that together, the introduction and the receipt concept and tick off the concepts/ideas I want to nail such as a flashy looking transition and the concept of white connecting with jewellery in terms of the word "purity". I really like this transition and that sense of wonder, even with the cat looking up to see this white stream pass by and wonder what it could be, I wouldn't want that sense of wonder to drag as in this advertisement it takes up over half of the advertisement and I feel it's too long. I don't want to very special effects either so perhaps a blur effect might be suitable as that allows me to use a more enhanced effect or enhance on the jewellery and really showcase that this is a jewellery advertisement and make the message clear.
Along with that sense of wonder and that special effect, I enjoy the music in this advertisement. Similarly with advertisement number two, the music gives off a certain feel that captures jewellery nicely but isn't necessarily a feel I want to convey being that of wonder or enchantment. It suits well with the narrator nicely and that is something I want to do as well when importing narration into the advert. The narration himself is pretty good and fits the mood nicely.
I also like how the advertisement has a nice blend of special effects and real life shots and that's something I want to include my advertisement as it makes things relate able and somewhat modern. There are further things I like about this advertisement I want to include in my very own such as the way the jewellery is displayed, I feel the background is a little dark and whilst it works showing off the jewellery nicely, it's the way in which it twinkles and is blurry and then enhances that is an effect I would like to capture but if not, focusing all the way and giving a very enchanting view of the jewellery is something I like.
Furthermore, I also enjoy the way the Ernest Jones shop is displayed at the advertisement and that is a element I definitely want to place at the end of mine as I feel it's gives off the location well and can be a good spot to showcase the logo of the store towards the end like it was at the beginning but in a real life setting and not with special effects and computer imagery.
However, there are things I do not like about this advertisement and do not want to include, the way in which the jewellery is positioned and the shop, even if it is perhaps computer generated is something that works for this advertisement but not something I personally enjoy or want to include in mine mainly because I don't feel it's traditional and gives off a good impression and seems a little rushed. I would like to film my jewellery the way it was intended behind the glass in which it is displayed so it gives off a real feel of the jewellery in the shop in a real life setting and not something fake.
I also do not like the way the logo is displayed in the bottom right and isn't a particular position I would like to include in mine as I feel it's quite easy to miss and having a bold logo at the beginning and the end works better and gets stick into the viewer's mind a lot easier.
Overall there is a lot I like about this Ernest Jones Christmas Advertisement, the way in which it displays the Ernest Jones Jewellery shop at the end, the way the music suits well the narrator, the 30 second time frame, the right blend/mix of special effects and real life shots and in particular, the transition and sense of wonder you get from that white stream to the ring are elements I would like to include in my advertisement whilst disregarding the elements of the logo being displayed in the bottom right as it's easy to miss, the feel the music gives off even if its suits the jewellery and the narrator combination quite well and the overall position of the jewellery and other pieces of the advert as it gives off a somewhat "fake" feel even though you could argue this particular advert is to showcase the whole company and not one particular shop which is what I'm intended with my advertisement as it's for Aurgia Jewellery and there is no other Aurgia Jewellery shop located in the United Kingdom as it's not a massively big company and isn't a franchise.
No comments:
Post a Comment