This is an account of the Communication between me (Ryan James McDonnell) and my client, manager of Aurgia Jewellry (Richard Hoare) during the course of the unit from starting communication date Sunday 9th October 2011 to the final meeting on Sunday 15th January 2011.
Sunday 9th October 2011
Form of Communication: Phone Call
On Sunday 9th 2011, Richard Hoare, Manager of Aurgia Jewellery rang me to task me on my brief for my Commission Unit. During this phone call, I wrote some notes which would help me understand the brief a little clearer, notes and and image of the notes showcased are below.
Notes summaried:
-TV Advertisement
-No more than 30 Seconds
-People in the shop might have to be blurred out
-Focus on the jewellery aspect on the shop but don’t completely disregard the watch repairing aspect
-Free on some Mondays for meetings and to present any progression or a draft on the Television Advertisement
-Can’t be let inside the shop early for filming
-Give the television advertisement a professional look
-Catered to adults, so don’t make the advertisement childlish or cheesy
Monday 10th October 2011
Form of Communication: E-Mail Exchange
Form of Communication: E-Mail Exchange
On Monday 10th 2011, Richard Hoare wrote to me via email, a more detailed account of my brief in case I would lose my notes or still did not understand it fully. Imagery of the email exchange is shown below.
Email summarised:
Dear Ryan
For your brief, I would like you to produce a TV advert for Auriga Jewellry.
The TV advert must contain footage of the shop, inside and out and if customers are involved then please blur them out for reasons you should know already. I want it to be 30 minutes long as any longer, people might lose interest. It must be of a high quality, containing music and special effects, however do not use too many special effects and if you can add narration, do not make it childish as I would like the advert to cater to adults primarily. Also, don't forget to focus slightly on the watch repairing aspect of the shop as we do that too but if you can't then that's fine but it would be nice to include.
I am available Tuesday to Saturday in the Shop from times 11:00AM - 4:00PM so please take your footage when I'm around.
Thanks again
Richard Hoare
Managing Director of Aurgia Jewellry Limited
2 Queen Victoria Street
Reading, Berkshire
RG1 1TG, Tel 0118 959 5661
For your brief, I would like you to produce a TV advert for Auriga Jewellry.
The TV advert must contain footage of the shop, inside and out and if customers are involved then please blur them out for reasons you should know already. I want it to be 30 minutes long as any longer, people might lose interest. It must be of a high quality, containing music and special effects, however do not use too many special effects and if you can add narration, do not make it childish as I would like the advert to cater to adults primarily. Also, don't forget to focus slightly on the watch repairing aspect of the shop as we do that too but if you can't then that's fine but it would be nice to include.
I am available Tuesday to Saturday in the Shop from times 11:00AM - 4:00PM so please take your footage when I'm around.
Thanks again
Richard Hoare
Managing Director of Aurgia Jewellry Limited
2 Queen Victoria Street
Reading, Berkshire
RG1 1TG, Tel 0118 959 5661
My Response
Email summarised:
Thanks Richard for the brief.
This more detailed brief is very clear and gives me a firm idea on what I will need to do for my Commisson Project whilst working for you.
Cheers!
Ryan McDonnell
Henley College Student
Creative & Media Diploma
Tuesday 15th November 2011
Form of Communication: E-Mail Exchange
Email summarised:
Hey Richard
Here is a link to my Pre Production Materials for my Television Artefact for my Commission Artefact for your company, Auriga:
http://ryanmcdcommission.blogspot.com/2011/12/resource-material.html
Could you please provide feedback, telling me what is good, what is bad and what could be improved in each individual piece.
Thanks
Ryan McDonnell
Henley College Student
Creative & Media Diploma
Here is a link to my Pre Production Materials for my Television Artefact for my Commission Artefact for your company, Auriga:
http://ryanmcdcommission.blogspot.com/2011/12/resource-material.html
Could you please provide feedback, telling me what is good, what is bad and what could be improved in each individual piece.
Thanks
Ryan McDonnell
Henley College Student
Creative & Media Diploma
Richard's Response
Email summarised:
Hey Ryan
I looked at your Pre Production Materials and I felt they looked good.
I would say that the colour scheme of them all is great and way you added some lighting to the Auriga Logo was nice, the twinkle shape is good too.
I feel for the bottom banner you could change the font type as it's hard to read, especially from a distance but aside from that, very good.
Look forward to your Advertisement.
Richard Hoare
Managing Director of Aurgia Jewellry Limited
2 Queen Victoria Street
Reading, Berkshire
RG1 1TG, Tel 0118 959 5661
I looked at your Pre Production Materials and I felt they looked good.
I would say that the colour scheme of them all is great and way you added some lighting to the Auriga Logo was nice, the twinkle shape is good too.
I feel for the bottom banner you could change the font type as it's hard to read, especially from a distance but aside from that, very good.
Look forward to your Advertisement.
Richard Hoare
Managing Director of Aurgia Jewellry Limited
2 Queen Victoria Street
Reading, Berkshire
RG1 1TG, Tel 0118 959 5661
Monday 2nd January 2011
Form of Communication: Meeting
On Monday 2nd January 2011, Richard Hoare, Managing Director of Auriga Jewellry in Reading invited me to sit down by him and watch my television advertisement. He was quite stunned and really enjoyed the quality of it He said it was pretty good but had a few issues. After replaying the advertising a few times he noticed there was no mention of the watch repair and that there was no narration. He said that he would like to see a version of the advertisement with narration and perhaps a short scene that mentions watch repair as his shop isn't just jewellry and is somewhat diverse with other services being that of watch repair. Some shots seemed a little shakey but he felt the music was a nice choice and when explaining to him the reasoning behind it, he said it was very clear why. These adjustments are something I will take into the artefact.
Richard's Response
Monday 2nd January 2011
Form of Communication: E-Mail Exchange
NOTE: (Video Files are Attached, cannot be viewed via print-screen)
Email summarised:
Hey Richard
I have taken on board the adjustments you wanted me to do and posted another draft of the Aurgia Jewellry Television Advertisement.
I hope you enjoy it, please let me know what you think with a reply from this e-mail.
Thank you for your time.
Ryan McDonnell
Henley College Student
Creative & Media Diploma
I have taken on board the adjustments you wanted me to do and posted another draft of the Aurgia Jewellry Television Advertisement.
I hope you enjoy it, please let me know what you think with a reply from this e-mail.
Thank you for your time.
Ryan McDonnell
Henley College Student
Creative & Media Diploma
Email summarised:
Hey RyanThe adjustments you made to the video were great.
Thank you for making such a good television advertisement, I was glad to be your client, hope to hear from you again.
Richard Hoare
Managing Director of Auriga Jewellry Limited
2 Queen Victoria Street
Reading, Berkshire
RG1 1TG, tEL 0118 959 5661






No comments:
Post a Comment