From watching this advert, I discovered a few ideas I would like to include into my television advertisement for Aurgia. First of all, in the first few seconds I liked how the Canix Jewellery Logo appeared with a tropical area in the background. I liked how it was centred and in particular, the position of the word "jewellery". This is something I would like to include in my own advertisement as I feel it gets straight to the point of where this advertisement is coming from which company. It also displays the logo clearly and can make it quite rememberable for the viewer, however I would like to make mine a bit more interesting instead of just appearing, perhaps some kind of transition that fits with the theme. Considering I won't have the luxury to be filming on a tropical beach as well for a background, I would like to do something effect with a bold colour, preferably white as white is signified as pure and diamonds and other jewellery is signified with the word "pure" as well.
The type of music was something that I would take on board in my own advertisement from this advert. The music displayed in this Canix Jewellery advert was rather exotic and fitted well with the tropical theme. Whilst I do not want to choose music that suits a tropical theme, I would like to include music that is somewhat calming and works well with a sunset as whilst it doesn't directly go well with jewellery I feel it can still work very well as sunset themes and such can be associated with happiness and joy and so can jewellery, so I feel using a track that has sunset/summery themes would well for my advertisement.
I also liked the close ups of the jewellery, they made it look very fancy and gave a good impression of what it would look like on the wearer. Whilst I do not want to have models featured in my advertisment as I feel it somewhat derails away from the jewellery and becomes more about the models like this Canix advert, having close up shots of the jewellery is something I feel that is essential in making this work well but I would like to make mine more dramatic.
Continuing on my discussion abut how I feel the advertisement had slightly more to do with the models than the jewellery, I feel there are other elements of this advertisement I would not like to put in mine. Whilst I enjoy the way the logo is displayed in the introduction, the music and the close up of the jewellery which are three elements I would like to put into my own production, the way in which the advertisement is littered with interviews is not something I would like to put in and makes it feel less of a television advert and more of a group of interviews mashed together. I felt it was a suitable choice using this advertisement as it was displaying jewellery and was published on worldwide television on a fashion television channel but the way it shows shots of behind the screens, models and interviews pulls away from the jewellery and you begin to forget what it's about, it doesn't help either that it's over 3 minutes long, with my advertisement wanting to be primarily 30 seconds.
As a whole, there are good thing in this advertisement I would like to put into my own production such as the close up shots, the introduction and music but there is quite a lot I wouldn't like to be in mine such as the dragged out 3 minute length, behind the screen shots, models and interviews.
No comments:
Post a Comment