Tuesday, 11 October 2011

LO.1: Unpicking my Brief [Activity #3]

Commission
Activity Sheet 3
Unpicking my Brief
     SUMMARY OF BRIEF
Student Name:
Ryan James McDonnell
Client Name:
 Richard Hoare
Project Title:
 Aurgia Jewellery Television Advert

Information from the brief
Comments



What are their ideas for the commission?
Ideas for the commission from the brief were that the television advert should showcase the outer and inner workings of the shop, transitioning with people in the shop when people are purchasing items to when it’s empty, I was told to showcase more the jewelry side of things but not completely disregarding the watch repairing aspect but concentrate on the jewelry aspect more as it’s more glamorous.
I am happy that I am able to do a television advert for Aurgia Jewellery as well as focus on the inner and out workings of the shops. The transitioning of having people purchasing items and them going empty is a neat idea but I wish I could just scrap the watch repairing aspect in the advert completely instead of concentrating on it a little bit as it’s going to be pushed aside anyway, I feel.


What is the work for?
(Will it have a particular function?)



The work is a television advert for Aurgia Jewelry in order to help promote and showcase the quality of the shop, its workers and more.


I wish I could have a little more flexible with the advert, for example, have the advert have some comedic value but I suppose having it promote is a suitable proposition.

Who is the intended audience/consumer for the work?



People of all ages who have an interest in jewelry and watch repairing but mostly catered to adults.

Catering to adults is what I want to do but with some childish humor but since it’s got to be a professional-level, serious stature, I suppose that is fitting for a promotional TV advert.




What are the time constraints?



No more than 30 seconds for the television advert, first draft over the course of a few months (2 or 3 months), final draft of the advert when the unit is complete.
30 seconds is a good length for a television advert but I feel having to produce a first draft over just the first month or two is a little tight and annoying. I would’ve listen to have just produced a draft or two at my own leisure and let my own deadlines, just so long they weren’t too late. I do like how the final draft of the advert isn’t expected to be complete until the unit is complete though.

Are there any other constraints (e.g. size, dimensions, and materials to be used, style)?
Filming customers in store might prove difficult and as and identity awareness might have to be blurred out or actors might have to take places to give a sense of “realism”.
I understanding the blurring aspect for this but I wish I had that freedom to film anyone with no problems or other further editing but I understand the fact that people want to hide their identity, even if it’s from a student.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment