Reasoning behind The Narrative Adaptation
& Narration Removal
In this small couple of lines of text, I am going to be detailing the reasoning behind the narrative adaptation/changes and the narration removal. Most TV commericals/advertisements have narrative and whilst you could argue my Auriga Jewellry Television Advertisement does to some degree with a strange order with the person leaving the shop with recipt in hand at the very beginning and the jewellry behind displayed afterwards. The reason for this was because jewellry and discovering are two words that can come hand in hand and because of this, I decided to put the recipt scene first since it works well with the opening sequence of the Auriga Jewellry and it's white bold background fading out and the recipt behind white, it made for a good effect and was an element/feature I found within my research when looking at our jewellry companies television adverts, but I made the receipt scene out of focus and first for another reason because I don't think people would expect what Auriga had to offer, behind that it isn't a very big company at all, with it's only store in Reading in the United Kingdom and because of this, I felt having it blurred was a good idea and having it first just adds to the wonder fact.
The typical journey into a jewellry shop, or mostly any shop for that matter is you walk in the shop, looking around, purchase and item and walk out with the receipt. I felt I kept that intact with the jewellry behind display and have shots of the people looking it and ready to order but having the receipt first felt like a very effective idea in terms of design and gave the advert an unique narrative. My client and audience from looking at the responses I achieved were pleased and happy with this idea so I kept it in but the narrative I did not. I had the choice to add narrative or not, I made a second draft of the advertisement to see how it would but it just didn't flow right and personally I didn't feel I had the correct voice to pull something like that of. I could've asked other people to audition but I wanted it to be me and just me and be more proud of it that I produced the whole advertisment myself without any collaboration. Collaboration would mean putting credit in and whilst that is fine, it just adds to the work load and can make time and progress rather tricky. I also had the power to choose whether to have the narration or not from my client, it was somewhat prefered by Richard Hoare, my client and Managing Director of Auriga, but he didn't seem to mind so much and ultimately was very happy with the product and the effort that was put into it.
No comments:
Post a Comment